Some of the panini makers you buy will have a “melt” setting which allows the top hinged heater/burner plate to hover off of the sandwich and melt cheese and heat ingredients. These make the best open-faced sandwiches. Just like this one.
Recipe: Open-faced Taleggio and Wild Mushrooms
- Serves: 2
- Preps in 6 minutes
- Cooks in 8 minutes
- Two tablespoons of butter
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- Three oz of wild, mixed mushrooms (trimmed)
- One small clove of garlic (chopped)
- Two rough chopped tablespoons of parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Two, large all butter croissants
- Three and 1/2 oz of taleggio cheese in slices
1. Melt the butter with the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the mushrooms, garlic, and parsley and fry over medium heat until soft and golden. Season well, remove from the heat, and allow to cool.
2. Split the croissants almost in half horizontally and top with the taleggio and sautéed wild mushrooms.
3. Set the sandwich grill to “melt,” place the croissants on the bottom plate, and lower the top so that it stops just before it touches the cheese. Leave the machine to toast the bases of the croissants and gently melt the tops. Remove from the machine and serve immediately.
Want more Sandwich and Panini Recipes? Check out our Recipe archives!