Recipe: Spinach and Artichoke Panini
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 2
This is a delicious Italian panini, grilled with mozzarella cheese, artichoke hearts and fresh baby spinach.
- 4 thick slices of Italian Bread
- 5 oz buffalo mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 5 oz can of artichoke hearts quartered (dry them on paper towels)
- 3/4 c baby spinach
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp softened butter
1) Preheat a large cast iron griddle or grill pan on medium heat
2) Spread a thin layer of butter on one side of the bread slices
3) Add a few slices of the mozzarella to the slices of bread. Top with a few quartered artichoke hearts. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt. Add half of the baby spinach and then top with more mozzarella and finally the top slice of bread.
4) Place the panini, buttered side down, on the hot cast iron pan.
5) Loosely cover with a lid or sheet of aluminum foil and turn the heat down to low.
6) Cook the panini for a few minutes on each side until the bread is golden brown and cheese has melted.
7) Allow the cheese to cool for a few minutes, then cut in half and enjoy.
Get more panini recipe ideas here!