Ever have one of those long, lazy, Summer mornings where it seems you spend the entire a.m. eating breakfast, talking and planning the rest of the day? Well, the sun is out and summer will be here sooner than you think!
The Technical Stuff
- Serves 2
- Preps in 10 minutes
- Cooks in 18 minutes
- Olive Oil (1/4 cup)
- A small red onion, cut in half and then in strips
- 4 ounces of cooked potatoes, cold and sliced thick
- 2 ounces of chorizo sausage, sliced thin
- 3 ounces of red bell peppers, roasted and cut into strips
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 cup of flat leaf parsley (roughly chopped)
- 2 teaspoons of marjoram chopped
- 3 lightly beaten eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 slices of multigrain bread.
1. In a small frying pot, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and cook until softened and golden over medium heat. Fill in the potatoes and fry until hot and golden. Add the chorizo, bell peppers, garlic, peppers and herbs and add a spatula. Add the eggs and season, and let the mixture cook until the eggs are set and stir once to prevent sticking.
2. Spread the frittata over the Cheddar and place the pan under a pre-heated grill until the cheese is melted and bubbled. Remove and cool. Remove. Once the frittata is sufficiently cool to handle, cut it into thick wedges and place each wedge on a slice of bread. Top the remaining two pieces with two sandwiches and toast for 2–3 minutes in a sandwich grill, or according to the instructions of the manufacturer until the bread is golden and crispy. Serve immediately. Serve immediately.
Want more Sandwich and Panini Recipes? Check out our Recipe archives!