Sliced Duck Breast Panini
Prep Time: 5 min (10 – 20 if searing/grilling duck)
Cooking Time: 4 – 5 min
- Duck Breast: 4 – 6 slices, seared or grilled*
- Bacon: 4 – 6 strips, cooked (optional)
- Arugula: 1/2 cup
- Brie: 4 slices
- Italian bread: 4 slices
- Cherry Preserves: 2 tbsp
- Olive Oil: 2 tbsp
*If your local market doesn’t carry duck, check your nearest Asian food market or look into purchasing from an online source.
- Sear or grill duck breast. If this is your first time cooking duck, check out A Spicy Perspective’s guide to searing the perfect duck breast: http://www.aspicyperspective.com/how-to-cook-duck-breast. After it’s cooked, cut into slices.
- Line all 4 bread slices with brie. Cheese on the top and bottom of the sandwich will help hold things together while framing flavors within.
- On two of the cheese-lined bread slices, distribute ingredients equally, layering arugula, duck, bacon (if using) and cherry preserves. Top with remained cheese-lined bread slices.
- Drizzle or brush olive oil mixture over both sandwiches.
- If using a panini grill, toast 4 – 5 min. For stovetop, lightly grease a skillet and press sandwiches over medium-high heat, flipping after 2 – 3 min or when bottom is golden brown. You’ll know it’s done when the cheese is melted and both sides are browned gold.
- Remove from grill, cut each sandwich in half, serve, and enjoy!
NOTES: Feel free to get creative! Experiment with adding a dash of salt and pepper or thin spread of mayonnaise. This recipe was adapted from New York Family’s Smoked Duck & Brie Panini