- Serves: 4
- Preps in 15 minutes
- Cooks in about 5 minutes
- Kale leaves blanched and stripped: 1 bunch
- Sliced turkey breast: 1/2 lb
- Basil leaves, fresh: 1 cup
- Tomato: large, sliced
- Mozzarella: 6 oz, sliced
- Walnuts: 1/4 cup, chopped
- Garlic: 1 clove
- Parmesan, freshly grated: 1/4 cup
- Extra-virgin olive oil: 1/2 cup (you will need a bit extra for brushing)
- Kosher salt
- Ciabatta or Focaccia: 1 loaf
1. Make pesto: Combine kale, basil and oil in a food processor and pulse until blended. Add parmesan, walnuts, garlic and salt and blend until all ingredients are blended and the consistently is slightly thickened. Taste and add more salt if necessary.
2. Spread pesto on ciabatta or focaccia. Layer with turkey, mozzarella And tomato. Brush bread with the extra oil.
3. Cook in a panini press or sandwich grill until golden brown and cheese is melted; usually 5 minutes.
4. Cut in half. Serve immediately and enjoy.
More Panini Recipes here!