- Serves: 2
- Preps in 5 minutes
- Chill for 10 minutes
- Red onion, chopped
- fresh clinatro, 2tbs chopped
- sweet chili sauce, 1 tbs or to taste
- cumin, 12 tsp
- lime zest, ½ tsp grated
- fresh lime juice, 3tbs
- mayonnaise, 3 tbs
- crab meat, 8 oz cleaned and sells removed
- 2 fresh rolls
- fresh romaine lettuce, shopped
- tomato slices
- Sliced jalapeno pepper (optional)
- Avocado, diced
- Mix the red onion, cilantro, chili sauce, lime zest, lime juice, mayonnaise, and crab. Taste and adjust seasoning. Add more chili sauce if you like. Season with some salt and pepper. The mixture should have a little bit of a kick to it and the heat can be adjusted as you like it to be.
- Put the crab mixture in a bowl and cover. Chill in the refrigerator at least 10 minutes.
- Slice the rolls in half. Put the lettuce on the bottom half of the roll. Add the crab mixture to each. Top with tomato and avocado if desired. Add the jalapeno pepper if desired for some additional health. Add the top half of the role and serve right away. This is a great meal for a hot day.
The crab mixture can be made in advanced as well. These ingredients can be mixed and allow to sit in the refrigerator until the fish is ready to serve. Allowing the mixture to sit will give the flavors some time to marinate.
This mixture can be used with spicy chili sauce as well. It depends on how spicy a person likes their dish. The chili will give this sandwich a little bit of a kick. When making this recipe fresh lime juice will be best. It will accent the freshness of this sandwich. It will also bring out the flavor of the crab.