You can get potato cakes in Ireland in most supermarkets and grocery stores. In the US, check out the International aisle or specialty stores in Irish neighborhoods. Can’t find potato cakes? No problem. Sub in pita bread instead! This is a great vegetarian panini!
- Serves: 2
- Preps in 5 minutes
- Cooks in 12 minutes
- Cup of Honey: 1/4 cup
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes: 1 Teaspoon
- Sesame Oil: 1/4 cup
- Olive Oil: 1/2 cup
- Sweet Potatoes: 1 Large and thickly slices
- Sugar Snap Peas: 1/2 cup
- Potato Cakes: 2
- Blue Cheese: 2 ounces
- Fresh Ground Pepper: To taste
- Salt: To taste
- Combine and mix the honey, sesame oil, olive oil and red pepper flakes in a smallish bowl. This is the honey dressing.
- Put the slices of sweet potatoes and snap peas into a larger bowl and toss with only half the honey dressing until evenly coated.
- Season well and place on the baking sheet.
- Arrange vegetables in a single layer and place under broiler (pre-heated) for 8 minutes and occasionally turn golden and cooked until softness.
- Remove and let cool.
- Arrange the potato slices and peas over half the base of each potato cake and crumble the blue cheese over them.
- Fold the potato cakes to create two sandwiches and toast in a sandwich grill for 3–4 minutes until the bread is golden and the cheese is just melting.
- Serve immediately with a small bowl of the remaining honey dressing to sprinkle/drizzle on.