Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 3 – 4 min
- 4 slices black forest ham
- 6-8 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2-4 slices cheese of choice
- 1/2 cup greens of choice
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Steam asparagus spears by filling a pot with 1-inch water, placing asparagus in steamer and heating over medium-high heat until spears are bright green and slightly tender. Depending on size, this may take 3 – 7 min. (View other steaming methods available here: http://www.wikihow.com/Steam-Asparagus).
- While spears are steaming, combine vinegar and oil in measuring cup with spout.
- Evenly distribute ham, cheese, asparagus, greens, and tomato across 2 slices sourdough.
- Top with remaining sourdough slices and drizzle or brush vinegar/oil mixture over both sandwiches.
- If using a panini grill, toast 3 – 4 min. For stovetop, lightly grease a skillet and press sandwiches over medium-high heat, flipping after 2 – 3 min or when bottom is golden brown. You’ll know it’s done when the cheese is melted and both sides are browned gold.
- Remove from grill, cut each sandwich in half, serve, and enjoy!
NOTES: Feel free to get creative! Consider adding other ingredients such as caramelized onions or sauce of choice. For more recipes check out our recipe archives!